CanSkate Program Objectives
• To provide participants and families with a safe, welcoming and inclusive ﬁrst experience in the sport of skating.
• To develop skating and motor skills though natural learning phases.
• To use skill progression and repetition throughout the stages to introduce physical literacy and establish quality basic skating skills.
• To foster personal achievements and satisfaction through skill acquisition, rewards and recognition.
• To evoke an interest in life long participation in skating. (Taken from Skate Canada CanSkate Manual)